Could 1844 hold the secret to why we are still here?
"I saw that the time for Jesus to be in the most holy place was nearly finished and that time can last but a very little longer. What leisure time we have should be spent in searching the Bible, which is to judge us in the last day." - Ellen White, Early Writings p.58, 1950
As Seventh-day Adventists we have been preaching that Jesus is coming back soon for over 170 years, since 1844. Why are we still here? Is this whole 1844 thing a hoax? What actually happened in 1844? How does it impact me?
1844: Our Only Hope pulls back the curtain and shows how what happened in the past shines a clear light on the future. Featuring speakers from around the world, both young and old, pastors and lay people. Using state-of-the-art cameras, computer graphics, and illustrations, this documentary will capture the interest of all ages, particularly teens.
Production is nearly half way now. More to come, so stay turned. Want to stay in the loop with what's happening? Subscribe to our email updates!
Subscribe to Our Updates to Follow the Progress
Objectives of "1844: Why Jesus Waits" Documentary
- Raise awareness of the legacy and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Trace the history of what lead to the establishment of the Advent Movement, and later the Seventh-day Adventist World Church.
- Show what actually happened in 1844, contrasting that with what William Miller and his followers thought would happen. Show where they went wrong.
- Show what is the difference between Christ's ministry in the holy place and in the most holy place, and answer the question, How does that effect me today?
- Show the importance of the sanctuary as the foundation of our faith and how it applies to me personally.
- Affirm the foundation of the Seventh-day Adventist church.
- Affirm the Inspiration of Ellen White and show how God used her to guide the church.
- Show how God has lead His people, through the disappointment.
- Answer the question of why we have been preaching that Jesus is coming soon for over 170 years and Why He has still not come.
- Link this in with the 3 angel's message and show how the 1st angel's message links in with 1844 and the cleansing of the sanctuary
- Show that the reason Jesus has not come yet is because He is waiting for a people who will allow Him to vindicate His character to the universe and prove Satan's charges false.
- Inspire the viewers with the importance of the time we are living in and challenge them to completely surrender their lives to God so He can use them in a mighty way
- 144,000 – Who are they? How can we be a part of that number?
- Show how the signs in the world are showing us that we are right on the brink of eternity
- Now that we are living in the anti-typical day of atonement, how does this effect God's requirements for us, and how should this effect our daily lives?
- Emphasize that we cannot vindicate God's character ourselves: He must vindicate it Himself through us. Our part is to cooperate and let go of anything that separates us from God.